Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Baby Bok Choy!

Baby Bok Choy w/ Red Wine Vinegar (fast and easy)


Ingredients:

4 baby bok choy (leave whole)
1/2 C red wine vinegar
3 TBS olive oil
2 cloves chopped garlic
1-2 TBS basil
pinch of salt and pepper


After I brought my steamer water to a boil, I took my baby bok choy and placed them in a steamer for 2-5 minutes (no longer) until I saw the leaves starting to wilt. During that time I heated up a frying pan with olive oil, chopped or crushed garlic, and red wine vinegar. Once my bok choy were done cooking in the steamer, I threw them on the frying pan for another 5 minutes or so. Make sure the bok choy are covered completely with the red wine/oil liquid. Right before I took them off, I sprinkled some basil, salt and pepper over the top, coated all sides, then moved them onto plates where I poured the remaining liquids over my bok choy.
This is a fast, easy, simple and delicious dish you could make with any side-dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment